Thursday, September 13, 2007

Finding the Buttons

I have been finding where some more of the buttons on PSE5. I am finding it slow going as i keep trying to do things the way I did them in PI and it doesn't work. Sometimes I am tempted to go and do it in PI but that would defeat the whole purpose.

My latest creation is in response to an "Ad Challenge". An advert is posted and you have to use it for inspiration. Whether you stick strictly to the layout of the ad or just use the colours is entirely up to you.

Three were posted and this is the one I chose. I started with one of the pictures of the weir that I took. I decided to take sections of the photo and adjust the lighting to create the same sort of effect the blocks of colour had in the ad. However, the colours were just not vibrant enough to take having the light played about with. So I switched it for one of the fantastic sunsets we get around here. After spending far too much time on it, I managed to find out how to adjust the lightness, put borders around the sections and draw additional lines.

Do you like it?

If you don't recognise the song, its from "Fiddler on the Roof".

No comments:

Post a Comment

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.