Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Did I mention my lucet?

I went to the NEC at the end of March, for the Hobbycrafts and Sewing for Pleasure exhibition. I haven't been to one of these for quite a few years so I was really looking forward to it.

Also, some local online friends were going as well. We had all booked on the same coach trip so I was doubly looking forward to it.

As always, it was mostly paper crafts and cross-stitch so I didn't even spend 1/3 of what I too with me. But I did get a few things.

One was this REALLY expensive ball of wool. If I had realised just how much it was, I probably wouldn't have. However, I didn't. Still, it is for a lovely pair of knitted fingerless gloves that I saw on Ravelry. I downloaded the pattern and a friend is going to knit them for me.

I also got one of those 3-D butterfly punches that I have been fancying for a while and a corner rounder for card to go with my BIA.

And a lucet.

I haven't seen one before and I was quite fascinated watching the demonstrater using it. I was also quite facinated with some of the things he was making with it. It is basically to make cords but he was doing all sorts.

If you want to know more, go along to his site "The Lucet Company", he explains it all so much better than I can.

I am no where as near as good as him yet, but I just couldn't resist making some Rainbow laces to match my earrings!

3 comments:

  1. :-) Thank you for satisfying my curiosity Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:13 am

    ok now ive heard about it, seen your laces in real life... now i want one
    maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your laces I have some multi coloured ones to put in my trainers alma x

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.