Friday, April 11, 2008

Do you Etsy?

As you may have noticed from my previous post, I joined Etsy.

And, because of the UKS rules, I can not link to my shop from here. However, there are no prizes for guessing my user name!

This afternoon I have finally got around to looking at it a bit more and making the banner for my shop.

So, do you Etsy? If so, I would love to hear fom you with some tips because I am very new to this.

After the hectic pace of the last few weeks, I have taken things a bit easier this week. I have been working on my Silk Album which I didn't get finished in time for the exhibition. Most of the important stuff was done but I wanted to add some more embellishments, particularly ones made from the beads used in the silks.

This is the front page.

I wanted the album to reflect the handmade aspect of the silks, so the album itself is handmade paper and throughout I have used mostly handmade papers and embellishments. I tore them rather than cut them for the "rustic" effect.

This is a digi collage of the embellishments.

Most of the crocheted embellishments used in the album are my own designs, apart from a few flowers on "Winter" which came from a crocheted flower exchange. The beaded embellishments are made from the beads which were used on the actual silks.

And, of course, I have been crocheting. I have been working on the pattern for the vest I wore in this post. I am making another one in black then I have to find some testers for the size above mine and the one below.

Also, I have been working on something inspired by Bee. You can see that very soon!

4 comments:

  1. I shall be popping on to have a look at your etsy shop, your work is stunning and those Crochet embellies are die for, the butterflies are soooo cute. Jay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you make is just so beautiful. Will have a look at your etsy shop when I've got some money to spend, daren't look at the moment or I'll be tempted to spend when I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrapbook is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on setting up your Etsy shop I will go and have a look later.

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.