Monday, April 28, 2008

Make Your Own Designer Labels

My new iron on t-shirt transfers arrived this morning to I made more labels. I need some to do on the back of the new Winter and the Dragonflies.

I thought, that as I was doing them anyway, I might as well take some pics and post the instructions.

All you need to do this is some cotton tape which is readily available from most haberdasheries and some printable iron on t-shirt transfers.

First of all, buy your cotton tape so that you know what size to make your label.

Next, design your label. Keep it as simple and clear as possible. Remember it is going to be quite small so it need to be easily read. The height of it also needs to be just a little smaller than the cotton tape.

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Remember to flip your label over before continuing.

Fit as many of them as you can on to an A4 sheet. The more you fit on, the cheaper it works out. Don’t forget to allow for printer margins.

Alternatively, if you doing it in a photo program, fill the whole sheet then use the “fit to page” option.

.

Cut the labels into individual pieces.

.

.

Following the manufacturers instructions, iron on to the tape. Make sure you leave a gap between each label to be able to fold over the raw edges to sew on.

Remove the backing.

.

.

Cut into individual labels.

You can download a pdf version of this here.

.

And I couldn't be so cruel as to make Mandi Jane wait any longer so......

Here are some pictures of what I did with some lovely hand made beads Mandi Jane sent me as a pressie.

I used black crochet thread so that they will match the new t-shirt I am working on.

The finished set..

Close up of the necklace.

.

.

Close up of the earring.

.

And me wearing them!

9 comments:

  1. Love the jewellery. I've never seen crocheted jewels before! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy. Great labels , never thought of doing that !!!! The jewellery looks fab on you and the photo of you at the bottom is lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great labels Enfys I have already bought some of the transfer paper but was not sure how to proceed ,thanks for the tips : )
    you do look chuffed with your new jewellery LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tutorial comeing up on my blog soon which may interest you for Dragonfly wings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:30 pm

    Great labels! Do you use them for your crochet items or your silk work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both - and my Christmas stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so innovative with your crocheting, and it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooooooooooooooooooooh they're really nice......thanks for doing them justice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...those are fabby. Lovely photo of you.

    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.