Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What have I done?????

I do some daft things occasionally. Ok, more than occasionally!!!!! This time, I am wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew. Last September I agreed to do a one man exhibition of my silk paintings in April 2008. I thought that, although I had a whole load of stuff on up to Christmas, that I would have plenty of time after Christmas to get it sorted. Last week it suddenly dawned on me that I have 2½ months to get enough stuff together. Big time Panic!!!!!

Plus I have to get jpegs in of my work (which isn't made yet) and some "blurb" about me to go with it.

However, after digging to the bottom of the wardrobe, I found a few things. I also have 2 finished from ages ago.

This one is my Sunflowers. It is the first one I ever did. I joined a class in 2001 at the end of the course and was presented with a huge frame (as all the "more experienced" class members had taken the smaller ones) and told to paint it. I actually enjoyed it once I started, not having painted anything for a long time it felt good to have a brush in my hand again.

When it was finished I had to back it and mount it. Not knowing quite what to do with it, I quilted it, beaded it and made it into a wall hanging.

It measures 125cm from pole to pole and the small picture is a close up of the beading.

Then I had the "bug". Being a single Mum of a 3 year old, I had to organise my own Christmas pressie. So I went to a local craft shop and almost paid for a silk painting kit. I then sent Benjamin in on his own with the £2 balance and he "bought" it for me.

Of course, I never got to use it. Too many other things to do in too little time. It wasn't until I met my dearest and he bought me a frame for my birthday that I was able to do some more.

This one is a pink flower and is mounted on a wooden frame. The painting is wrapped around so that the picture carries on around the sides.

.

.

.

.

.

It measures 41cm x 34 cm and, as you can see, I was a bit more adventurous with the beading.

I will be posting more pictures of my work as I do it - hopefully!

The exhibition is going to be at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech. They hold a different one every month and I have now been put on the press mailing list so I can tell you all about them. There is currently a January Sale" one on. The Theatre is open all day Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings for you to look. It is also open in the evenings of there is a show on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.