Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh dem bones!

Or more to the point, dem muscles!!!!

I mentioned I had a job for the week, well I think it is more like for at least two! I have taken on a one off job of delivering leaflets in March, a neighbouring town. What I didn't mention was that there are 10,000 of them. I asked a friend if she would like to do it with me as I needed somebody with a car to get back and fore. She was really enthusiastic and said it sounded good money for a weeks work. However, she REALLY underestimated the time it would take!

And the other thing is those aching muscles! I thought I have been doing a good job of getting fit. Because I don't drive I either walk, or mostly, cycle. However, walking and cycling regularly do not prepare you for walking almost solidly for 4 to 6 hours a day. The second day I could hardly get out of bed!

It has been getting easier. This morning there is just a little ache but, because I decided to use a bag instead of the trolley for part of it, my back hurts this morning. I should have known better and will not be making that mistake again!

Also, I have been coming home far to tired to concentrate on writing crochet patterns! I have been working on a vest t-shirt and, luckily, have got up to the part where it is just plain trebles until it is long enough. I can do that on auto pilot.

I did manage to get some pics of the French Knickers on Saturday before all this started. So here they are.

The first one shows a semi side/front view so that you can see the way it ties up.

The second one is from the back. The front looks almost the same but I have made the back a little wider.

But sorry folks, you are going to have to wait just a little longer for the pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.