Sunday, July 15, 2007

My new camera!

Oooh! I love it. I don't know what the 350D was capable of but the 400D has built in filters. I vaugely rememebr playing with these when I did photograpy classes a long time ago at night school. Basically, when using b/w film, filters make certain items stand out more by taking the colour out of them and turning them whiter. For instance, if you want to take pictures of daffodils, use a yellow filter.

I have taken 3 pictures of the same scene to show the effects. The first is colour. The second is with the red filter. Look how the poppies stand out. And the third is with the yellow filter. The poppies are hardly noticable with all those little yellow flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.