Friday, July 20, 2007

Turning on the Heat!

Its amazing what you can do with a heat gun!!!

I went to my monthly Craft Club last night. Its held on the 3rd Thursday evening of each month. We have talks about various crafts, often with "hands on" demonstrations.

Last night we made fabric beads using a heat gun. After making one small one, I asked if they could be cut and, when I found out they could, mades another 3 long ones! I can just see these being crocheted into a very original choker and earring set.

I haven't done much in the way of new things this week. I have been too busy filling orders. I know thats a good thing really but I like the challenge of something new. When I have made it once it gets a bit boring. However, needs must! As I am not selling very many patterns lately, it looks like making scrapbooking motifs will fill the gap for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Helen, those look great. I envy you your Craft Club. I've just moved to Whitstable and would love to join a craft club or something. Good way to make friends as well. There are some card making classes at the local craft shop so I'll probably sign up for them.

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.