Thursday, March 27, 2008

J is for Jubilee Gardens.

I decided to take some time out from beading and edit some of those pics I took weeks ago.

Jubilee Gardens are at the end (or the beginning depending on which way you come in) of Chatteris High Street.

.

.

.

.

I haven't been able to find out much about them. All I know is that the original gardens were built in 1977 to celebrate the Queens Silver Jubilee and housed the original Town Sign.

.

.

The Gardens were re-vamped in 2004 when the lovely clock was put up and the Town Sign repainted.

If anybody knows anything else, I would love to hear it!

5 comments:

  1. Love the photos epecially the clock close up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that clock....is it lit up at night...that would be a great photo.....
    And yes...of course I have rainbow beads....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea what that was called Helen. I'd forgotten the clock was even there, I guess thats the problem when you drive through and the roundabout and crossings get all the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos. Your exhibition pieces are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.