Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring.

While the weather may not know it, it is Spring!

And here is the first of my Four Seasons - Spring.
It is only small, 23 cm square, which means the beading has to be kept relatively simple.
The fabric behind the silk is a sort of minty/limey green. Nice and bright to convey the freshness of spring.

I embroidered the twigs on the tree, attaching the leaves as I went.
I used the thread double to make it stand out and two different coloured green beads.

I then used one of the colours from the tree and yellow beads to make primroses.
I finished Winter last night but that needs mounting before I take any pictures.
I can do that this afdternoon while waiting for the Tesco delivery!

5 comments:

  1. Stunning stuff! You must have the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's really beautiful. I love the colours. I haven't come across silk painting very much so thanks for opening my eyes to this wonderful craft and your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats amazingly stunning you are so talented i wouldnt have a clue lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fast becoming my inspiration station stop even when I'm not crafting...the colours make me smile....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing, I love it

    ReplyDelete

All genuine comments welcome but please don't spam. All comments are moderated and anything I consider spam is deleted.